Current Rocky Ripple Flood Protection Status
The town of Rocky Ripple has an agreement with the City of Indianapolis to build a floodwall along White River to protect our town. The floodwall is a funded project to build a combination of earthen levee and t-wall or I-wall construction that will offer 100 year flood protection for the town's homes and be FEMA accredited when complete. The project is currently in the planning stages and construction is anticipated to begin by 2023. For the most up to date information about flood protection developments, attend the monthly Rocky Ripple Town Council meetings (second Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm) and/or review the Rocky Ripple Town Council meeting minutes , News and Notices and Rocky Ripple ENews on this website.
Supporting Links - Rocky Ripple Flood Protection
- Letter to Mayor Hogsett from Rocky Ripple Town Council, 16-Feb-2016
- Town Board Position on Flood Control July 2016
- Army Corp of Engineers Consulting Parties Historic Properties Adverse Effect Response 15-Nov-2016
- AECOM Draft Review and Assessment of the Indianapolis North Levee System, Rocky Ripple Area, 09-Dec-2016
- Rocky Ripple Town Board AECOM Draft Comments 20-Jan-2017
- AECOM Response to Town Board Comments on Draft Report 15-Feb-2017 memo-to-mr-bennett-town-of-rocky-ripple-responses-2-15v3
- AECOM Final Review and Assessment of the Indianapolis North Levee System, Rocky Ripple Area Feb 2017
- Explanation message regarding current flood protection initiatives from Rocky Ripple Town Board President Carla Gaff Clark 26-Feb-2017: carla-thoughts-on-the-levee-final
- Notification card regarding vegetation removal along Westfield Blvd 26-Feb-2017 (sent to residents along the canal and Westfield Blvd.)
- Copy of signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU ) between Rocky Ripple Town Council, Butler University and the City of Indianapolis, signed on 14-Mar-2017 Flood Protection Signed MOU 14Mar2017
- AECOM Rocky Ripple Flood Protection Options Report issued August 2018 Rocky Ripple Geotech Eval and Alt Dev Report Full Final Draft 7.31.18
- Special Meeting for Flood Wall Options Presentation 06-Sep-2018 Notification Letter
- RR Flood Project Option 3 Survey Results Nov 2018
- Option 3 RRTB Funding Resolution 13Nov2018
- Option 3 RRTB Resolution 13Nov2018
- DPW Rocky Ripple Flood Control Improvement District Letter 12-Feb-2019
- DPW Rocky Ripple Flood Control Improvement District Letter 18-Mar-2019
- DPW Flood Wall Alignment Rocky Ripple Exhibits_ 2022_02_09
- Rocky Ripple Floodwall Survey Advisory Committee Charter-June 2022
- Map of Public Access Points 9-Sept-2022
- For those who could not attend the meeting with DPW on 11/16/22, here is a link to the audio of the presentation. And here is the presentation that they were speaking to.
- Here are the 60% Design Documents presented at the November DPW meeting. And here is a link to the DPW Rocky Ripple Local Flood Damage Reduction Project.
- DPW has provided use with an example of a similar public access on White River that will be constructed in Rocky Ripple where our current town hall is. This example is located at Chevy Dam on White River and is located just south of Washington street. You can see the aerial photo here.
Department of Public Works Documentation
- City of Indianapolis Major Transportation and Infrastructure projects-Detailed information under the FLOOD DISTRICT IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS section
- Indianapolis North Flood Damage Reduction Project documents and map
Historical Information Links
- Letter to Indianapolis Star editor from 2011 Town Council
- 2011 Environmental Assessment of the Indianapolis, White River (North), IN Flood Damage Reduction Project
- Photograph of proposed plan