Please find an update below on the Rocky Ripple floodwall project from DPW Stormwater Administrator, Shannon Killion:
DPW is in the initial planning stages for a public information meeting on the project in the fall. Once we have more information on that we will share it with the Town Board and Town Residents.
- The Request for Information (RFI) was very informative and answered DPWs questions. There were three respondents. Per state code the information provided by the respondents is confidential which is critical for deliberation during procurement process
- Design continues to progress well with expected milestones through the remainder of the year still on track
- DPW has started early coordination with permitting agencies such as IDNR for construction in a floodway permitting and the USACE pertaining to levee construction review
- Attached is the preliminary layout of public access points along the flood works, please note that the exact size may change
- We plan to hold a public meeting this fall. We are beginning the planning for that meeting next week and will share when we have more information
- Meetings with the relocation specialist are ongoing and should be wrapped up in the next week or so
- Appraisals are expected to begin in October for all properties
Now that the RFI is completed, DPW is starting to relook the agreement (interlocal agreement) with the Town, which will include Town Hall.
Please reach out to the Rocky Ripple Town Board with any questions or concerns.